DCSB Clan Forum Board  

Go Back   DCSB Clan Forum Board > DCSB Gaming > Team Fortress 2
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old February 29, 2008   #1
Mole
Vodka King

Rep Power: 69 Mole is just really niceMole is just really niceMole is just really niceMole is just really nice
wtf @ update

Quote:
Added "Custom" tab to the server browser
  • Servers can now specify metatags describing the custom rules they've adopted
  • Players can use tag filtering to find servers running the custom rules they want to play
  • Added options for servers who want to become custom games: Disable critical hits (tf_weapon_criticals), eliminate respawn times (mp_disable_respawn_times), and raise maxplayers above 24

Initial release of Tournament mode (mp_tournament)
  • UI for handling team naming, ready mode, and win results
  • Disables team player limits, autobalancing, and intermission

Class balancing
  • Reduced Soldier's maximum rocket reserve ammo from 36 to 16
  • Reduced Demoman's maximum sticky bomb reserve ammo from 30 to 16
  • Reduced Demoman's maximum grenade launcher reserve ammo from 40 to 24

General
  • Added protection against voice command spamming. Dramatic reduction in teleporters needed
  • Fixed mp_timelimit ending the map during the middle of a round on maps like Dustbowl and GravelPit
  • Fixed "lastdisguise" command not remembering if you were disguised as your own team
  • Added "Toggle Disguise Team" binding in Options->Keyboard to toggle the disguise team for the Spy's PDA
  • Changed PDA menus to accept keys bound to "slot1", "slot2", etc., and "slot10" cancels
  • Fixed Spectator targetID not using team colors
  • Changed team autobalance code to not balance the teams when the active round timer shows less than 60 seconds
  • Fixed "-maxplayers" on the command line not correctly setting the maxplayers value for the server
  • Fixed Badlands never having Sudden Death triggered
  • Fixed Engineer being able to detonate buildings that are being sapped
  • Changed Engineer buildings to detonate when a player disconnects instead of blinking out
  • Fixed potential client crash for players being healed by a Medic or dispenser
  • Made several improvements to server-side stat reporting (not related to individual player stats)
Dont know about you guys, but from initial impression before I get into game I can't say Im a fan of the less rockets. 16? you can get through 8 in a fight with one person, let alone if you are trying to delay them at a certain point!
I guess its trying to get people to use their rockets and grenades more effectively, and remove the spam aspect.

And is that, a command to disable crits? No more TFTrue?! \o/ A welcome addition!

Last edited by Mole; February 29, 2008 at 08:41 AM.
Mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2008   #2
EQ²
public static void

Rep Power: 23 EQ² has a spectacular aura aboutEQ² has a spectacular aura aboutEQ² has a spectacular aura about
Re: wtf @ update

I feel just like I did when BF2 patch 1.3 came out and all of a sudden I had fuckall pod rockets on my helo and the the new manufacturing material for helos appeared to be prawn crackers...

++ for the tournament features though

Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes; that way, when you criticise them you are a mile away and have their shoes.
EQ² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29, 2008   #3
Mole
Vodka King

Rep Power: 69 Mole is just really niceMole is just really niceMole is just really niceMole is just really nice

Played a few rounds along with Dave earlier. Not a fan of this lower ammo shit. On 2fort I went soldier and by the time I had gotten across the bridge and into the lower part of their base I was pretty much out of ammo. You will also find heavies hurt by this because more soldiers will be taking the dropped ammo.
Old February 29, 2008   #4
Feartheflames
Clan Hobo.

Rep Power: 15 Feartheflames is an unknown quantity at this point

Was good fun, I like the reduced ammo amounts on demo man, it makes them a more defensive spammer (As mole understands) rather then offensive sticky whores.
Old February 29, 2008   #5
madhaha
Former Cow

I approve but I haven't played 2fort yet.

They nerfed my voice spam But they buffed my sapper :D
madhaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2008   #6
Prim£
Tough situation, so,beer?

All I'll say is "WHAT THE FUCK!!!" A soldier with 16 ammo is like a Aston Martin DB9 with 7 of it's cylinders missing..pointless.....Played last night to try this update out, went up against 4 players in the enemy intel, used 10 shots just to take them out (unusual for me to survive I know, but I did..) bump into the same 4 on the way out (quick spawn server) I survive till I ran out of ammo, hit them with evey shot but they didn;t all die.......If I had the full 36 I coulda got the intel home.....suckage
Old March 1, 2008   #7
Feartheflames
Clan Hobo.

L2pickup weapons Prime
Old March 1, 2008   #8
Prim£
Tough situation, so,beer?

Dude,seriously, I know how to play, I'm just not very good at it
Old March 1, 2008   #9
Feartheflames
Clan Hobo.

Feartheflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2008   #10
Mole
Vodka King

Its one of the things I really need to get into the habit of doing though. As a soldier I have never been one to watch ammo or look out for dropped ammo. Now Im forced to get into the habit of doing it!